On Tue, 2009-10-27 at 19:00 +0100, Jürg Billeter wrote:
> as my time available for Vala does not grow the same as the number of
> bindings we ship, I'm looking for a volunteer to take over maintenance
> of Vala bindings. While there are already many contributors and a few
> have permission to directly push changes to master, we so far don't have
> an official bindings maintainer - besides me as maintainer of Vala as a
> whole.
>
> Being bindings maintainer does not mean that you have to fix all issues
> that come up yourself, of course. The idea is that there is someone that
> is familiar enough with Vala bindings to triage bug reports and review
> and commit patches. This would allow me to focus on the rest of Vala as
> there is still enough left to work on in the code generator.
>
> Is there anyone out there who feels up to task?

Just to be clear, while I'd like to have a single person responsible for
bindings in general, this doesn't mean that there can't be separate
maintainers who are responsible for some of the bindings. For example,
it would make a lot of sense to have separate maintainers for the GTK+
stack, for GStreamer, for POSIX, and for SDL. For the latter two there
are already volunteers.

That way the general bindings maintainer needs a lot less time and will
only need to handle requests for new bindings and bindings that don't
have separate maintainers.

Jürg