I'm using SVN checkout from 30.04. I remember having some problems with
0.7.0 beforehand. Valac is 0.8.1, openSUSE 11.2 64bit.

I just tried - it seems opening a single vala file triggers some resource
heavy operation on all 4 of my cores, the whole machine grinds to a halt.
Interestingly though I didn't notice it before because I'm opening or
creating only full solutions - it takes some time to index the vapis but
nothing as major.

Regards:
Bundyo