> Am Freitag, den 24.06.2011, 19:57 +0200 schrieb august:
> > Is there any way right now to open a GL context up inside of a GTK+3
> > window using vala?
>
> Yes there is, but it's not as straightforward since nobody ported
> gtkglext yet.
>
> You should be able to create the context yourself using glx
> (not sure about systems without xorg though).
> I haven't done this myself yet so I'm afraid I cannot help you directly
> but you can take a look at the glchess source in the gnome-games
> repository http://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-games/ to see an example
> (chess-view-3d.vala).
>
> Hope that helps.

Thanks for the link.  I finally got a chance to look at it.  But,
afaict, the glchess source you mention uses GTK+2's Drawable class and
glXSwapBuffers to do some indirect drawing in GL.

What I am after is a straight forward GL context that can easily be used
in GTK+3.

Is there no such thing (using vala or c)?

thanks -august.