Hi,

On 06/02/2012 04:47 PM, pin...@centrum.cz wrote:
> The test program creates an array 100 000 000 integers long and then it
> fills the array with numbers incrementing by one. Both time durations
> are printed.

thanks for taking the time to write a benchmark! I would however suggest
you to try measuring the performance of different operations: string
methods (concatenation and printf-like composition are very often used
in real-life applications), lists/arrays, objects creation, argument
passing, etc.

As Jürg wrote, I also suspect that the bad performance you are seeing in
your benchmark is due to the memory allocation; I would think that the
performance of arithmetic operations is more or less equivalent in all
compiled languages, so it's not something I would care to measure.

Ciao,
  Alberto