A while back I started working on a Vala GTK+ tutorial in the vein of the
classic GTK+ tutorial for C.

You can find it on

https://github.com/abenga/valagtktutorial

I managed to work on the first 7 chapters, you can find them in the */content/
folder.*

I've held off on posting here about the effort untilI had a reasonable
amount of content, but I'm thinking I'll probably ask for help as I've been
really busy recently. I recently started working on porting it to Docbook
XML, and I hope to be done in a couple of months or so.

Regards,
Horace.