On Thu, 29 Nov 2012 10:13:40 +0800
PCMan <pcman...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I got another issue with vala.
> I moved the core part of my program to a separate library, and let
> the main program call that library.
> The library itself compiles correctly.
> However, the genrated vapi file is not usable by the main program.
> Both parts are written in vala.
> The generated vapi file looks like this.
>
> When compiling the main program with --pkg <my_vapi_file>, I got
> errors. The generated vapi file seems to have duplicated nested
> namespace for static methods like this.

I had a similar problem doing this :

namespace Panel {
        public class MenuApplet {
        }
}

public static AppletType register () {

    applet_type.id = typeof (MenuApplet); // < it's "PanelMenuApplet"
    return applet_type;
}

I found that the type *is not* "MenuApplet" but "PanelMenuApplet",
I just removed the namespaces for Panel Applet that fixed the problem :

public class MenuApplet {
}

public static AppletType register () {

    applet_type.id = typeof (MenuApplet);