On 06/30/2015 12:44 PM, Козлов Кирилл wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Please give me an advice on what Clutter objects should be used
> for implementing diagram editor. Objects on the diagram can be
> connected via lines, can be moved, deleted (like it's done in Dia,
> for example). Any help or shared experience will be appreciated.

Hi, Kirill

I've done the "how to connect objects graphically" problem recently in
my project rainbow-lollipop [0]

I don't know if this is the nonplusultra way, but what i did was: I
defined myself a custom constraint which i called "ConnectorConstraint".

Let's assume we have 3 actors:

Actor A   ->  An actor that we want to connect with another
Actor B   ->  The actor that we want to connect A to
Connector ->  An actor that draws a connection (e.g. a line) between
the two

The ConnectorConstraint is initialized with the Actors A and B.
Everytime the allocations of A or B change, the constraint will
allocate itself appropiately between A and B. We assign the
Connector-Actor the ConnectorConstraint and voilá, We have connectors.

Releveant sourcecode can be found here [1] in lines 38 to 127

Hope this helps,
    Grindhold

[0] https://github.com/grindhold/rainbow-lollipop
[1]