From: ben <iofel...@gmail.com>
 Sent: Tuesday, 24 May 2016, 16:01
 Subject: Re: [Vala] Extended floating types

This does not work. The C code has: typedef float float128_t;

Try:
[SimpleType][CCode(has_type_id = false, default_value = "0")]public struct
float128_t {}
The SimplyType makes it be passed by value rather than by reference when usedas
an argument in a function call.I think the FloatingType, IntegerType, etc. does
casting. As there is norank 12 it just casts to the default, i.e. float.

On the subject of binding exotic types. Bindings for C decimal typeswould be
useful for financial data and transactions.