> On Thursday, 14 March 2019, 22:13:25 GMT, Wolfgang Mauer
<wolfgang.ma...@kabelmail.de> wrote: > I am now very cautious and claim that
part of my problem is partly due
> to valac (imho a valac bug)

> ALL the path coming from File.get_path(), on windows should be
> C:\bla\bla but the valac don't like it (proof glib-compile-resources
> works with C:\bla\bla)

> So the commandline to valac MUST look like this and then it works...
> valac -g
> --output=C:/msys64/home/Wolfgang/Projekte/vDevelop/valaDevelop/bin/valaDevelop

&-> snip <-&
> C:/msys64/home/Wolfgang/Projekte/vDevelop/valaDevelop/OptionDialogs/package_options_dialog.vala

valac makes use of GLib, which provides cross-platform support for things like
accessing files.Remember that you are operating in an MSYS2 shell. From what
I've read MSYS2 brings aPOSIX environment to Windows and hence the forward
slash separators.
valac shouldn't be making assumptions about the file path separators. That is
the job of GLib.Now if you are experiencing similar problems when compiling
with a Windows native compilerlike MSVC then there may be a bug. May be valac
isn't using GLib as it should. May be GLibhas a bug. First, though, you need a
better understanding of the environment you're compiling in.The could be a
start: http://www.mingw.org/wiki/posix_path_conversion