I don't really know, I'm not much of a Github user, especially now
that Microsoft's buying them.  But the forks aren't much better than
imposters if you're looking for the original.  They may contribute to
the parent project or not.  I wouldn't expect anybody to mimic
valgrind.org, so a clear link there endorsing one of the forks as the
real thing would be good.  I'd mostly rather have well-tested releases
than bleeding edge.  Usually when I get something from github I get
the master.zip if possible.

This did the trick though, runs fine so far on this arm64 Pi.  I also
have a Rock64 which it should work on.  I like these little arm boxes,
and my i386 machines are all 10+ years old by now