Hi Paul,

On Tue, Mar 16, 2021 at 09:07:56PM +0100, Paul Floyd wrote:

> On 3/15/21 1:33 PM, Mark Wielaard wrote:
> > Greetings.
> >
> > A first release candidate for 3.17.0 is available at
> > https://sourceware.org/pub/valgrind/valgrind-3.17.0.RC1.tar.bz2
> > (md5 = 9df201b3461a1709993ffc50d0920bd7)
> >
> > Please give it a try on platforms that are important for you.  If no
> > serious issues are reported, the 3.17.0 final release will happen on 19
> > March, that is, on Friday of this week.
>
> Please let me know if you'd prefer me to push the two small changes in the
> tests described below now, or to wait after 3.17 ships.

I think it would be good to get these small fixes in and do an RC2
(including the mpi build fix) to make sure things build out of the box
on more setups.

> On OS X 10.7.5 (Darwin 11.4.2), I've tried a bit harder than usual to get
> everything to build at least. I still have a lot of compiler problems. The
> last available XCode for this platform is too old for the current Valgrind
> source (it doen't support some of the asm opcodes). So I've been using
> macports clang  (version 9 for the C code and 11 for the C++).
>
> There's a small issue building dhat/tests/copy.c, it just needs a '||
> defined(VGO_darwin).

I assume because darwin, like solaris, doesn't have mempcpy.  That
should be fine.

> none/tests/tls isn't building - a link error with the TLS variable "__thread
> int global;". Needs more investigation.

That doesn't ring a bell.

> ./tests/arm64_features.c doesn't compile:
>
> arm64_features.c:4:10: fatal error: 'sys/auxv.h' file not found
> #include <sys/auxv.h>

Hmmm, that is for getauxval. That probably isn't available on
Darwin. I don't immediately know how to replace that.

Cheers,

Mark