Hi,

On Sun, 2021-09-05 at 20:29 -0300, Alvaro Kuolas wrote:
> I am running valgrind on my PC with dual boot Windows 10 and Fedora
> 34.
>
> Running the same test on Ubuntu 20.04 (under Windows 10 WSL2)
> valgrind runs
> in less than a second, but on Fedora 34 is very slow, several minutes
> slow.
>
> On Fedora 34 it looks like the time spent is reading symbols.

Do you have lots of debuginfo packages installed or is the
DEBUGINFOD_URLS set? See https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Debuginfod

valgrind is fairly slow parsing all the DWARF information. But will
happily use debuginfod to fetch more or use all debuginfo packages
installed for any library you have installed.

In your case it might be help unsetting DEBUGINFOD_URLS and looking
trough the list of installed debuginfo packages and uninstall some (if
I read your log it is probably libstdc++-debuginfo that takes a lot of
time to parse.

Cheers,

Mark