Oh I'm so silly, it appears I simply canceled the program seeing the SIGILL warning assuming it was just about to crash when I just would have needed to let it run. Thanks so much for explaining :-)

For what it's worth, this is on an ARM64 Allwinner/PinePhone 1.2 CE 3GB RAM edition, so an early ARM64 architecture. I usually only use valgrind on my x64 desktop where there isn't any such SIGILL stuff, so that's why I'm not very familiar with it.