From: John Reiser <jrei...@bitwagon.com>
Sent: 06 August 2022 01:18
To: valgrind-users@lists.sourceforge.net <valgrind-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [Valgrind-users] Valgrind trace Memory Addresses while running?

>> if we can get a list of all the physical addresses the program used, in the
>> order the program accessed them, and whether read/write.

>  For any real world application the size of the log would be overwhelmingly
> huge ... (unless you only want unique addresses).

Of course this is the purpose of data compression (such as gzip, etc).
You get some/much/most of the benefit of restricting to unique addresses
while still capturing the entire stream of references.

But as Paul noted, valgrind works in virtual addresses.
Getting all the actual physical addresses is close to impossible.
If you are working in an embedded device environment
and care only about a small handful of memory-mapped
device registers, then you can (must) process the
mapping yourself.