Here's a first look at a preview-feature-quality spec for
values^H^H^H^H^H^Hinline classes.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dlsmith/inline-classes/specs/jvms-inline-classes.html

<http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~dlsmith/inline-classes/specs/jvms-inline-classes.html>

It reflects my understanding of what LW2 is supposed to look like. I'm sure
I've gotten out of sync on some things, so please take some time to check on
things I might be missing.

There are a few "design discussion" blocks that identify areas that may evolve
further (in LW3, say) or where the design choices we've settled on aren't
necessarily essential.

One area that required making some nontrivial choices, and could use some extra
scrutiny, is the treatment of preparation and initialization. We know there are
some invariants we want enforced, but there's a lot of wiggle room in deciding
how they are enforced.

Note that I've included a suite of bug fixes/presentational improvements in a
separate document, linked to in the introduction. If you notice differences
between the official JVMS text and the text I'm quoting, that's probably why. I
don't think most people will be interested in those details, but if you are,
feel free to review the second document as well!