Hi all,
sorry, was not available for the meeting today (i'm officially on vacation).

I prefer (2) with a restriction like (1).

I don't think users should be able to declare this kind of abstract class
because you can not evolve them easily. I'm worried that if they become a tool
available, people will over-use them (they are like a kind of abstract class
with super-power, as a user it's like a shiny cookie), so in the end we will
have to introduce inheritance of inline classes.
This rule out (3).

What (4) try to do is too clever IMO, a garbage class like
java.util.Collections (with an 's' at the end) validate all the conditions but
should not have an abstract constructor.
It's too easy to create such kind of abstract class without knowing it.

So for me, it's (2) + (1), at language level, a constructor can be declared
abstract but it's restricted to class inside java.lang or java.base (enforced
by the compiler and the VM).

Rémi