I wish I hadn't missed this meeting, but I was still paying the
consequences for a bad decision to take an "overnight layover" coming home
Monday night/Tuesday morning.

On Wed, May 4, 2022 at 7:31 AM Dan Smith <daniel.sm...@oracle.com> wrote:

> - "We need help to migrate from bucket 1 to 2; and, the == problem": Kevin
> asked about JEP 390 applying to non-JDK classes, and about whether javac
> should discourage use of '=='

I will try to pitch this `obj==` problem more comprehensively soon.

> - "Foo / Foo.ref is a backward default": Kevin and Brian argued that we
> should prefer treating B3 classes as reference-default, with something like
> '.val' to opt in to a primitive value type

I will say that I have not personally found the opposition to this change
to be nearly as strong as the principal arguments in favor. It creates a
very valuable uniformity in how things work. I hope it goes this way.

--
Kevin Bourrillion | Java Librarian | Google, Inc. | kev...@google.com