God's Wife

LOOK OUT FOR THE LAST STORY....

IT WILL KNOCK YOUR SOCKS OFF


 

 Author and lecturer Leo Buscaglia once talked about a contest he was asked to 
judge. 
The purpose of the contest was to find the most caring child.

The winner was:

A four-year-old child, whose next door neighbor was an elderly gentleman, who 
had recently lost his wife. Upon seeing the man cry, the little boy went into 
the old gentleman's yard, climbed onto his lap, and just sat there.When his 
mother asked him what he had said to the neighbor, the little boy just said, 
'Nothing, I just helped him cry..'

*********************************************

Teacher Debbie Moon's first graders were discussing a picture of a family. One 
little boy in the picture had a different hair color than the other members. 
One of her students suggested that he was adopted. A little girl said, 
'I know all aboutadoption, I was adopted..'
'What does it mean to be adopted?', asked another child.
'It means', said the girl, 'that you grewin your mommy's heart instead of her 
tummy!'

*********************************************

On my way home one day, I stopped to watch a Little League base ball game that 
was being played in a park near my home. As I sat down behind the bench on the 
first- base line, I asked one of the boys what the score was 'We're behind 14 
to nothing,' he answered with a smile.

'Really,' I said.. 'I have to say you don't look very discouraged.'

'Discouraged?', the boy asked with a puzzled look on his face...

'Why should we be discouraged? We haven't been up to bat yet.'

*********************************************

Whenever I'm disappointed with my spot in life, I stop and think about little 
Jamie Scott.

Jamie was trying out for a part in the school play. His mother told me that 
he'd set his heart on being in it, though she feared he would not be chosen.

On the day the parts were awarded, I went with her to collect him after school. 
Jamie rushed up to her, eyes shining with pride and excitement. 'Guess what, 
Mom,' he shouted, and then said those words that will remain a lesson to 
me....'I've been chosen to clap and cheer.'

*********************************************

An eye witness account from  New York City , on a cold day in December,  some 
years ago: A little boy, about 10-years-old, was standing before a shoe store 
on the roadway, barefooted, peering through the window, and shivering
with cold.

A lady approached the young boy and said, 'My, but you're in such deep thought 
staring in that window!'

'I was asking God to give me a pair of shoes,'was the boy's reply.

The lady took him by the hand, went into the store, and asked the clerk to get 
half a dozen pairs of socks for the boy. She then asked if he could give her a 
basin of water and a towel. He quickly brought them to her.

She took the little fellow to the back part of the store and, removing her 
gloves, knelt down, washed his little feet, and dried them with the towel.

By this time, the clerk had returned with the socks.. Placing a pair upon the 
boy's feet, she purchased him a pair of shoes..

She tied up the remaining pairs of socks and gave them to him.. She patted him 
on the head and said, 'No doubt, you will be more comfortable now.'

As she turned to go, the astonished kid caught her by the hand, and looking up 
into her face, with tears in his eyes, asked her.

'Are you God's wife?'

*********************************************




 
 


  








-- 





 







      

Reply via email to