Date: Mon, 11 Jan 2010 19:43:34 -0800
From: [email protected]
Subject: Fwd: Letter to Bank Manager - True- Very funny!
To: [email protected]
CC: [email protected]







--- On Mon, 1/11/10, Jay Shah <[email protected]> wrote:


From: Jay Shah <[email protected]>
Subject: Fwd: Letter to Bank Manager - True- Very funny!
To: "ASHOK CHHEDA" <[email protected]>, [email protected]
Date: Monday, January 11, 2010, 5:29 PM





---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Khadija BENBOUZIANE <[email protected]>
Date: 2010/1/11
Subject: Letter to Bank Manager - True- Very funny!
To: [email protected], [email protected]






















 



























A SENIOR MOMENT - An elderly lady actually wrote this letter to her bank. The 
bank manager thought it amusing enough to have it published in The Times and 
this newspaper thanks him most sincerely.


Dear Sir,

I am writing to thank you for bouncing my cheque with which I endeavoured to 
pay my plumber last month. By my calculations, three 'nanoseconds' must have 
elapsed between his presenting the cheque and the arrival in my account of the 
funds needed to honour it. I refer, of course, to the automatic monthly deposit 
of my Pension, an arrangement which, I admit, has been in place for only thirty 
eight years. You are to be commended for seizing that brief window of 
opportunity, and also for debiting my account £30 by way of penalty for the 
inconvenience caused to your bank.

My thankfulness springs from the manner in which this incident has caused me to 
rethink my errant financial ways.

I noticed that whereas I personally attend to your telephone calls and letters, 
when I try to contact you, I am confronted by the impersonal, overcharging, 
re-recorded, faceless entity which your bank has become. From now on, I, like 
you, choose only to deal with a flesh-and-blood person. My mortgage and loan 
payments will therefore and hereafter no longer be automatic, but will arrive 
at your bank by cheque, addressed personally and confidentially to an employee 
at your bank whom you must nominate.

Be aware that it is an offence under the Postal Act for any other person to 
open such an envelope.

Please find attached an Application Contact Status which I require your chosen 
employee to complete. I am sorry it runs to eight pages, but in order that I 
know as much about him or her as your bank knows about me, there is no 
alternative. Please note that all copies of his or her medical history must be 
countersigned by a Solicitor, and the mandatory details of his/her financial 
situation (income, debts, assets and liabilities) must be accompanied by 
documented proof.

In due course, I will issue your employee with a PIN number which he/she must 
quote in dealings with me. I regret that it cannot be shorter than 28 digits 
but, again, I have modelled it on the number of button presses required of me 
to access my account balance on your phone bank service.

As they say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Let me level the playing field even further. When you call me, press buttons as 
follows:

1-- To make an appointment to see me.

2-- To query a missing payment.

3-- To transfer the call to my living room in case I am there.

4-- To transfer the call to my bedroom in case I am sleeping.

5-- To transfer the call to my mobile phone if I am not at home.

6-- To leave a message on my computer (a password to access my computer is 
required. A password will be communicated to you at a later date to the 
Authorised Contact.)

7-- To return to the main menu and to listen to options 1 through 7

8-- To make a general complaint or inquiry, the contact will then be put on 
hold, pending the attention of my automated answering service. While this may, 
on occasion, involve a lengthy wait, uplifting music will play for the duration 
of the call.

Regrettably, but again following your example, I must also levy an
establishment fee to cover the setting up of this new arrangement. May I wish 
you a happy, if ever so slightly less prosperous, New Year.

Your Humble Client



Addendum from The Editor:



IMPORTANT to REMEMBER that this letter was written by a 98 year old woman.


DOESN'T SHE MAKE YOU PROUD!!!



 

 

 
REGARDS, 
DIYA





-- 
PJV


                                          
_________________________________________________________________
Hotmail: Trusted email with powerful SPAM protection.
http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/196390707/direct/01/

Reply via email to