http://us.click.yahoo.com/L5YrjA/eSIIAA/yQLSAA/5dOolB/TM

There is 1 message in this issue.

Topics in this digest:

      1. Release Iraqi hostage Rajaratnam
           From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Message: 1
   Date: Thu, 04 Nov 2004 16:36:43 -0000
   From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Release Iraqi hostage Rajaratnam

Iraq Hostage - International appeal for the release of Sri Lankan
Dinesh Dharmendra Rajaratnam
WE the undersigned well wishers of Dinesh Dharmendra Rajaratnam and
his family earnestly appeal for his release with immediate effect
said to have been taken hostage by the Iraq Islamic Army.

Mr. Rajaratnam is a Kuwaiti-based transport company driver and he was
abducted along with a second drive, Abul Kashem Faruk from Feni, a
Bangladeshi national on 28 October 2004, near a U.S. military base in
Iraq.

Mr. Rajaratnam aged 37 is a Sri Lankan national, is a father of three
children 10, 12 and 14, had gone to Kuwait last year in the hope of
earning enough to provide a better education for his children.

"He only went for a job. Nothing else. He poses no threat to anyone,"
his wife Doreen Rita Rajaratnam who lives in her small wooden home
just outside the capital, Colombo. "I am begging them to release him.
His children and I need him. We can't live without him."

"The children are getting bigger and he wanted to be able to give
them a good education," Doreen said.

Rajaratnam's father, 64 year aged old man Karuppiah Rajaratnam,
appealed in trembling voice and in tears: "I appeal to the people who
have taken my son, to please free him back to us and not to harm
him."

"He is my only son. All our hopes and expectations are pinned on
him," the old man said in.

According to his family Mr. Rajaratnam was not happy with his work as
a truck driver in Kuwait and wanted to come back to Sri Lanka. The
family said they had paid Rs.68,000 to secure the driver's job in
Kuwait.

His wife told that "He wanted us to send a fax message to his
employer saying that there was a very pressing need for him to return
home immediately." His brother-in-law Pullaiya Suresh told that "he
was not paid the salary that was promised therefore he wanted to
return back to Sri Lanka."

WE the undersigned well wishers of Mr. Rajaratnam and his family
appeal the hostage takers to release Rajaratnam, the innocent Sri
Lankan truck driver and also Abul Kashem Faruk from Feni, Bangladesh
without any harm immediately.

http://releaserajaratnam.com/letter_en