There is 1 message in this issue.

Topics in this digest:

      1. Tamil Dialects of Sri Lanka
           From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

Message: 1
   Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 14:54:31 -0000
   From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Tamil Dialects of Sri Lanka

According to Prof Kathigesu Sivathamby, in his article titled " Sri
Lankan Tamil Society and Plitics". None of the Sri Lankan Tamil
dialects are close to any of the standard Tamil Nadu Tamil Dialects.

All Sri Lankan Tamil Dialects are variants of Tamil/Malayalam
Dialects used in Southern Tamil Nadu and South coastal Kerala and
have evolved independantly in a regional manner in Sri lanka.