Hi,

I'm currently working on a graphics frontend for VirtualBox 5. I've looked into
the VirtualBox one shipping with the source code, and I'm wondering about
access to the virtualized framebuffer from the EMT thread(s). I guess that this
access must be locked/synchronized? Can one of the developers maybe confirm to
me that it is possible to have multiple EMT threads accessing the framebuffer
(at the same time)? In KVM/qemu for example there is just one I/O thread taking
care of graphics I/O (as far as I remember) so in that case it didn't really
need to be locked. But from reading the VirtualBox source code, it seems to me
as if a frontend must synchronize updates from multiple EMT threads?

Many thanks for your help.

Anna