When VirtualBox is built with a recent version of iasl, the resulting BIOS causes a Windows 7 VM to Blue Screen with the message "The BIOS in this system is not fully ACPI compliant". This is reported to the acpica project at https://github.com/acpica/acpica/issues/462.

Although this is NOT a VirtualBox bug, I am reporting it here so that all of you are aware of the problem.

A possible fix has been posted, and I hope one is available soon. The problem has not been reported for Windows XP, Windows 10, or any version of Linux - only Win 7.

Larry