Hello Alexey,

Here is the post to the Kernel Mailing List describing the bug and
containing the fix (hope I have got the URL right this time).

http://lkml.org/lkml/2006/10/16/299

For the record, Ubuntu managed to back port the bug to their 2.6.17
kernel in Edgy, and even to the 2.6.15 server kernel in Dapper.  As far
as I know, OpenSUSE 10.2 contains a buggy kernel, so random boot
failures are to be expected.  (This may also mean that it never works on
some systems, or again that it works without problems on others).

Regards,

Michael