--- Larry Finger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > I only have 1G RAM on board.  But I'll install VB on Ubuntu 7.10
> > desktop amd64 as Host.  Would there be any problem?  Thanks
> >

> I have not run Vista as a guest, but I think that the host should
> have at
> least 2 GB so that the guest can have 1 GB RAM.
>
> When I run XP as host on a 1 GB machine and Linux as guest with 512
> MB, the
> Linux guest runs nearly as well as it does as host on that machine,
> but the
> XP host is nearly unusable.

Hi Larry,

Thanks for your advice,

Actually I haven't run Windows for prolonged time. Neither I need
Windows.

Recently in a MS conference I was a lucky winner getting a true copy of
Windows Vista, Ultimate edition in Lucky Draw.  On the packing it has
been clearly indicated that this copy is NOT for sale NOR transferrable
and VALID for ONE PC with FREE licence.  However my happiness ended
after unpacking it at home.  There was a piece of paper packed inside
mentioning that the FREE licence was only valid for ONE YEAR.

As curiosity I installed Windows Vista on an 64 bit Athlon PC with 1G
RAM, only the OS w/o other softwares installed such Open Office,
Firefox, k3b, AVG, etc.  It worked w/o problem. I thought instead of
allowing it taking up the whole 160G HD better installing it on
VirturalBox.  Let it sleeping there until the licence expired.

I'll try to find an obsolete 10G/13G ATA HD as its home and let it rest
there until the end of its day.

B.R.
Stephen L