I have been struggling with booting an existing
winXP Pro disk as well. I have gone through the
same motions as have been suggested by this
group and by the online docs. I can only get
as far as windows booting and displaying that
screen-wide barcode at the bottom, then the
barcode turns into a solid strip and VBOx pops
a banner about the guest having crashed or stuck
(dont recall which). Would be great if those
who have succeeded in booting a pre-existing
windows disk to write all the steps to do and
provide a link to where it will be permanently
accessible.

Cheers,

JD