On Wednesday 21 May 2008, Nanley Chery wrote:
> Thanks for the info Frank, but it seems that changing the DMI info
> just isn't enough (either that or I'm  doing it wrong). I guess I'll
> need to find out exactly what Windows looks for with it's SLP BIOS.
> Thank you once again!

In 1.6.0 not all relevant DMI information can be overwritten. If you
are able to compile the sources yourself you can checkout the SVN.
I've renamed the DMI information configuration keys to

  DmiBIOSVendor
  DmiBIOSVersion
  DmiBIOSReleaseDate
  DmiBIOSReleaseMajor
  DmiBIOSReleaseMinor
  DmiBIOSFirmwareMajor
  DmiBIOSFirmwareMinor
  DmiSystemVendor
  DmiSystemProduct
  DmiSystemVersion
  DmiSystemSerial
  DmiSystemUuid
  DmiSystemFamily

see the DMI spec for the meaning of these fields and 'dmidecode -t0'
(for the BIOS values) and 'dmidecode -t1' (for the system values)
for proper values of your system.

Kind regards,

Frank
--