On Tue, Aug 12, 2008 at 4:18 PM, Andreas Höschler <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I have installed VirtualBox 1.6.4 on a Solaris 10 05/08 system. I then
> created a first guest image and installed Solaris 10 05/08 on it. The
> first impression is, this works like a charm. I love it!
>
> However, I am encountering stability issues on my X2200 M2 with two
> dual core CPUs and 8 GB RAM. The machine died -  I mean completely
> died; I had to press the reset button - three times today, while e.g.
> compiling gcc on the image or just downloading greater files to the
> image.
>
> Is anybody else experiencing this kind of problem or may I have a
> hardware problem with my X2200? I never experienced this while not
> running VirtualBox. On the other hand I haven't done much with this
> machine yet. But I nevertheless guess this is a VirtualBox issue!?
>
> Hints (better workarounds) are greatly appreciated!!
>
> Thanks,
>
>   Andreas

Andreas,

I'm shooting in the dark here, but I also suggest you update your
motherboard system's BIOS to the latest avaialble release.
Often CPU errata is included in the BIOS code, which should increase
stability. This is specially useful in Opteron and multi-cpu systems

See:
http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=mozclient&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&q=opteron+errata
FC