I have VirtualBox 2.0.6 installed on ubuntu 8.10, (the closed source
version), it's working well in general but I'm having trouble getting
my Epson V700 scanner working.

The scanner is recognised by the USB OK, when I hover my mouse over
the USB icon at the bottom of the Windows screen it reports "Epson
Scanner [0100]", I have set up a USB filter for the scanner.

However although the Windows guest 'sees' the scanner it won't
actually work.  When I run the Epson Scan software it says "Epson Scan
cannot be started".

Any ideas what might be wrong or how I can diagnose the problem?

--
Chris Green