On Thu, 2008-11-27 at 20:41 +0100, Frank Mehnert wrote:

> Exactly.
>
> And regarding the conflict to the kvm package: The kvm modules
> must not be loaded but this can be achieved in different ways.

On a stock Ubuntu installation?  How would you propose that the modules
are prevented from loading and then loaded when needed and unloaded
again when not needed -- without giving users root access and command
lines to type (or having to write scripts to achieve same), etc.?

> So I think that preventing to install both packages in parallel
> is too restrictive.

If you can solve the problems above, they I would completely agree.
Maybe some collaboration with the kvm maintainers would be fruitful to
avoid this problem (with regular users in mind) and avoiding the need to
have a conflicts tag in the virtualbox package.

b.