Frank,

Very exciting release. It's good to see VBox growing by leaps and
bounds and challenging that other VMW#### thing.

However, by looking at the manual I don't get the meaning of this:

"If you want to use 64-bit guest support on a 32-bit host operating system, you
must also select a 64-bit operating system for the particular VM.
Since supporting
64 bits on 32-bit hosts incurs additional overhead, VirtualBox only enables this
support upon explicit request.
On 64-bit hosts, 64-bit guest support is always enabled, so you can
simply install
a 64-bit operating system in the guest"

What does "upon explicit request" mean??

I loaded Vbox 2.1.0 under WinXP (32b) SP2. Created a new VM. Selected
"Windows" and "XP" as new OS. Tried to install XP64 (inside XP32) and
got the message from the install CD that "you need a 64-bit CPU to
install this...".

Hence, what is this "explicit request" the manual talks about?. In any
case, that paragraphs needs some cleanup for clarity.

Thanks,
FC
PS: I'm running a single-core Athlon64 3400+ here, 64-bit,yes, but no AMD-V