On Tue, Jan 20, 2009 at 1:21 PM, Oster, Bradley C CTR SAF/FMP (AFFSO)
<bradley.os...@wpafb.af.mil> wrote:
> I have setup VirtualBox on a Windows server on our network and the only way
> I can access the server is through remote desktop. I have been looking at
> trying to get it to run as a service but I can't find any good info other
> than finding comments along the lines that "VirtualBox cannot be setup as a
> service in Windows". Is this really true? If not, please let me know what I
> can do because right now, the only way to run this is if I login and start
> it myself…if the server needs to restart, then I'm out of luck. I also do
> not like having to stay logged in to the remote server to keep VirtualBox
> running

Have you tried this one?

http://www.duodata.de/ntwrapper/index.htm

"The NT Wrapper allows standard Windows 32 bit applications or scripts to be run
as a NT service in Windows NT/2K/XP/2003/Vista"

The "lite" version which runs a SINGLE program as a service (would be
fine for VBox) is FREEWARE.

FC