On Wed, Feb 4, 2009 at 10:21 PM, Mikkel L. Ellertson
<mik...@infinity-ltd.com> wrote:
> Frans Pop wrote:
>> On Thursday 05 February 2009, fcassia wrote:
>>> Or are you telling me that people whom travel to a different time zone
>>> do not roll back their system clock?
>>
>> Not if they're using a proper OS like Linux...
>>
>> ;-)
>>
> My system clock does not even change for things like daylight
> savings time. (The displayed time changes, but not the system
> clock.) If I am going to be in another time zone for a while with my
> laptop, I change the time zone setting, not the system clock.

On WinXP, go to the clock, double click, change the time, there, you
have adjusted system time.

why should there be any consequence on file systems for that matter?
It's not like the filesystem crashes and burns

Maybe you will get files with different dates, but that's about it.
The OS should not care about the file dates on the filesystem, AFAIK
it's totally possible to run a system with Jan-1-1980 in teh system
clocks (like happened with old PCs with dead batteries on the mobos,
the system clock is always reset on power down).

FC