On 3/5/09 12:16 PM Dave Plater wrote:

> # modprobe -rv vboxdrv
> FATAL: Module vboxdrv is in use.
> is what happens if I attempt to unload vboxdrv

Try to stop VBOX before (/etc/init.d/vbox stop), then unload the module.

And try to run "/etc/init.d/vbox setup" and see what happens.

>  and the only unusual
> thing in /var/log/vbox-install.log is :-
> test -e include/linux/autoconf.h -a -e include/config/auto.conf ||
> (            \
>         echo;                                                           \
>         echo "  ERROR: Kernel configuration is invalid.";               \
>         echo "         include/linux/autoconf.h or
> include/config/auto.conf are missing.";      \
>         echo "         Run 'make oldconfig && make prepare' on kernel
> src to fix it.";  \
>         echo;                                                           \
>         /bin/false)
> And this happens with or without make mrproper, make cloneconfig etc.

What about "make oldconfig && make prepare", as it says in the log?

> Do you have an idea what the error

Unfortunately not, sorry.

Regards,
OJ
--
The one who doesn't know the answer is wiser than the one who knows the
wrong answer.