Hello Brian,
Brian J. Murrell wrote:
On Tue, 2009-05-05 at 15:57 +0200, Frank Mehnert wrote:
Understood. And yes, the NAT stack is not IPv6-capable.

Pity.  In the same regard as being able to choose between proxying DNS
or not, how about an option to allow the user to provide an IPv4 address
for VB to pass on to the guest?  That way I can use an IPv4 server that
I do have here in my network, but that my Host doesn't use?
I think it's more or less related to configuring NAT's DHCP, which currently have several parameters to impact on (TFTP/dnsproxy(on/off) and guest network attributes), while any other servers has times more configuration settings, which might need to users (one of it DNS, some users don't use DNS at all, instead they use other name resolving mechanisms). When I think about extending this set I afraid that NAT may become machine with hundred buttons difficult to manage and expecting from user advanced administrator skills :). One of the possible solutions might be using host resolving mechanism, but it may introduce some other surprises.
b.