[ Comments below, in line ]

On Thursday 07 May 2009 at 10:27 am, Antonio Augusto (Mancha) penned
about "Re: [vbox-users] 2.2.2 - 3D Acceleration enabled - memory leak?"

> Well, while this is indeed what I read from the manual this is not
> what I'm seeing on my system...

:)

With no offense, I'm not interested in going down this path of
discussion.  The problem was with VirtualBox swallowing a whack of my
RAM and causing me to swap.

`top's `Mem:' metric showed nothing free.  Once I recycled VBox, all
was better.

I could have collected more data and saved it but didn't feel it was
necessary to defend my point:  Vbox has a memory leak.

Frank, any comments?  Do you need additional data?  I'm more than
happy to let the process once again bloat and I'll capture any
`sar'/`top' data to prove the box is swapping - if that's required.
:)

Cheers,
--
Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc
Ph:    819.459.1926      Fax:   760.860.5225 (US)