Johannes:

On 12.05.2009 7:15 Uhr Hedley Finger wrote:
I am doing work which requires me to print from both OSes.
If you do not need the scanner/fax part then you should publish the
printer in Windows, and print to it from Ubuntu using Samba. No need to
use USB here then. Just keep it "plugged into Windows".

By publish, I assume you mean to share the printer in its Properties dialogue. But then how do I use Samba to access the printer? The computer is getting a dynamic DHC address from my ISP and VirtualBox is using NAT. I have named the printer EPSONmfp and the Windows computer is named hhp. The Ubuntu vm is named uhhp.

Regards,
Hedley

--

Hedley Finger

28 Regent Street   Camberwell VIC 3124   Australia
Tel: +61 3 9809 1229   Fax: (call phone first)
Mobile (cell): +61 412 461 558   Skype: hedley.finger
Email. "Hedley Finger" <hfin...@handholding.com.au>