When I tried to open Virtual box I had a notice that the new version is
available for download.

I tried the suggested URL but there was a conflict, so through Synaptics I
un-installed the old one and installed the new one.

I received this notice:
"VirtualBox will not start until this problem is fixed. Please consult
/var/log/vbox-install.log to find out why the kernel module does not
compile. Most probably the kernel sources were not found. Install them (the
package name is probably linux-headers-<version> whereby <version> can be
determined by 'uname -r') and execute

  /etc/init.d/vboxdrv setup

as root."

next...

result from "uname -r">>>>uname -r 2.6.24-24-386

result from consulting     /var/log/vbox-install.log>>>>>
"** Compiling vboxdrv
Attempting to install using DKMS
  removing old DKMS module vboxdrv version  2.2.2

------------------------------
Deleting module version: 2.2.2
completely from the DKMS tree.
------------------------------
Done.

Creating symlink /var/lib/dkms/vboxdrv/2.2.2/source ->
                 /usr/src/vboxdrv-2.2.2

DKMS: add Completed.

Error! Your kernel source for kernel 2.6.24-24-386 cannot be found at
/lib/modules/2.6.24-24-386/build or /lib/modules/2.6.24-24-386/source.
You can use the --kernelsourcedir option to tell DKMS where it's located.
Failed to install using DKMS, attempting to install without
Makefile:140: *** Error: unable to find the sources of your current Linux
kernel. Specify KERN_DIR=<directory> and run Make again.  Stop."

next...

result from entering   /etc/init.d/vboxdrv setup in Terminal>>>>
viv...@vivake-desktop:~$ sudo su
[sudo] password for vivake:
r...@vivake-desktop:/home/vivake# /etc/init.d/vboxdrv setup
 * Stopping VirtualBox kernel
module                                             *  done.
 * Recompiling VirtualBox kernel
module
 * Look at /var/log/vbox-install.log to find out what went wrong
r...@vivake-desktop:/home/vivake#

Questions? where do I find  "linux-headers-<version>" file??
                   how do I solve this problem?
Please HELP ME!