Maurice Batey wrote:
> On Sun, 14 Jun 2009 21:34:43 -0500, Miguel Cárdenas wrote:
>
>> The only solution that worked was editing the 'usbfs' entry in my /etc/fstab
>
>    No such entry in Mandriva 2009.1 /etc/fstab!
I believe it is mounted in the initial RAM disk. You can do a
remount to set the permissions even without it being listed. (Cat
/proc/mounts will show it.) Another choice it a udev rule to set the
permissions. You can do this for all USB devices, or selected ones.
If you are good at writing HAL rules, there should also be a way to
do it using HAL.

Mike

However a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.