Hi

I have a problem networking with mysql... My guest XP is configured as
INTERFACE with static IP, the network is working, I can access the Linux
host and the linux can access the XP via windows share / samba. The internet
is working fine too, but...

When I try to connect to MySQL from Linux(host) to Windows(guest) it simply
does not establish the connection... it is not due user access nor the host
since I allowed connections from everywhere i.e. 'user'@'%'

The mysql client at host simply does not reach the port at guest, it aborts
after a while because "Connection timeout"

What can I do? is it some kind of firewall? in the past I was able to do the
same with VBOX+XP... currently it is a new installation with latest VBOX,
but the configuration is the same, INTERFACE MODE + static IP

Why can I access samba in both ways linux<->win and even ping in both ways,
but can't connect to mysql? if it was a user problem it should reject the
connection with invalid user/password, but does not connect and fails
because timeout...

Thanks for your help