Hi Paul,

copying the VirtualBox.xml around is not that good idea. The reason for
specifying the host OS in the initial XML tag is that different host
OS's could be have different configurations.

You could use the OVF import/export feature to configure & import a
predefined VM afterwards on different computers. This works for all host
OS's. See the user manual for more information.

Christian

--
Dr. Christian Pötzsch    Sun Microsystems    http://www.sun.com/