Pablo Sanchez wrote:
Howdy,

My XP (and Windows 2003 Server) VM has a slight bug on restore:  the
mouse cursor isn't visible until I click on any object.
For example, if I restore, I see no mouse cursor.  I right-click in my
VM's desktop and the cursor appears.

Not a big deal but was wondering if anyone else is seeing the issue.

I'll open a bug shortly.

I think I've seen similar with OpenSol guests and earlier releases.
IIRC, with 3.0.0, the behavior was as you describe.  With 3.0.2,
the cursor reappeared when the mouse was moved; no click needed.
Invisible-until-click is treacherous -- you never know what you're
clicking on.  IIRC, the problem occurred only when Guest Additions
were installed.

But this is all vague memory -- I'm sticking with 2.2.4 until the NAT
problems are resolved (or until I learn to use "bridged" mode).

-- gil

Environment