Altamir,

On Wednesday 26 August 2009, Altamir Dias wrote:
> I'd like to have opensolaris running on virtualbox, but with 64 kernel.
> The problem is whenever  I install opensolaris it always goes running a
> 32bits kernel version.
>
> Is there a way to have opensolaris or solaris running as 64bits on
> virtualbox?

1) VirtualBox 1.6.6 is very old, please use VirtualBox 3.0.4
2) To be able to run a 64-bit Solaris kernel as guest, select
   the appropriate 64-bit OS type in the VM settings. If there
   are no 64-bit types available then your host either does not
   support VT-x/AMD-V or this extension is disabled. In the latter
   case, check your BIOS settings or try to upgrade your BIOS.

64-bit guest support depends on VT-x/AMD-V with VirtualBox.

Kind regards,

Frank
--
Dr.-Ing. Frank Mehnert    Sun Microsystems, Inc.    www.sun.com