Hello,

I'm new to VBox, though not to Linux, and when I install onto my AMD64 box
the host apparently can't find an optical drive.

On the Details tab, before I start installing a guest OS, the CD/DVD
drop-down box contains only /dev/fd0. This happens regardless of whether I
use the downloaded VirtualBox-3.0.6-52128-Linux_amd64.run or the Gentoo
app-emulation/virtualbox-ose-3.0.6 ebuild.

I did get WinXP to install, but first I had to make an ISO of its
installation disk and mount that instead of the CD.

What am I doing wrong? (Kernel config attached.)

--
Rgds
Peter