[ Comments below, in line ]

On Wednesday 06 January 2010 at 11:13 am, Tobias Oetiker penned
about "Re: [vbox-users] vbox performance issues verified with benchmarking"

> Hi Pablo,

Hi Tobi,

> > Let me know if you'd like additional information.
>
> I asume your system is running without 'slowdown' effect ? you are
> only using a single core, right ?

No, no slowdown that I've ever noticed.  My machine doesn't have a lot
of RAM (yet) so I tend to run my VM's lean.  I also don't run many
simultaneously.   Typically no more than two.

I also tend to not reboot my VM's often (unless required by say a
Windows update).  I save its state and restart.

The VM where I ran the benchmark, I don't think I had used it since
middle of December - project is currently on hold.  ;)

I did find it strange your disk I/O numbers seem very slow.  What's
the native file system?  ext4?  Can you slap another drive on your
machine and pop XFS:

   mkfs.xfs -f -l lazy-count=1,size=128m _some_device_

Cheers,
--
Pablo Sanchez - Blueoak Database Engineering, Inc
Ph:    819.459.1926      Fax:   760.860.5225 (US)