Fernando Cassia wrote:

On Fri, Mar 5, 2010 at 4:38 PM, NoOp <gl...@sbcglobal.net <mailto:gl...@sbcglobal.net>> wrote:

    I see... so "Please reconsider enabling posting from nntp
    w/gmane.org <http://gmane.org>."
    is lack of manners? Perhaps I should have put some additional emphasis
    on the word *Please*?

I actually meant that you seem to want things your way. Even if you´re the only one who seem to think that Gmane.org and NNTP is a must-have.

I will consider enabling posting from NNTP but at the first sign of a SPAM message coming from NNTP I´ll disable it.

In case you want "me toos" for voting purposes, I too use gmane for a lot of mailing lists, including this one. It makes it easy to follow large lists, as you can use newsgroup-style access to only download posts you actually want to read, and "kill" threads that are of no interest. It also makes it extremely easy to see a history of older posts when you "join" a new mailing list.

As has been said, posting from gmane is a must. And there is no reason to suppose that there will be more spam because of gmane - I haven't see any spam of note on any of the three virtualbox mailing lists I read with gmane.

mvh.,

David