I am running:

vpopmail-4.8.5
openssl-0.9.5a
courier-imap-0.36b
IMP 2.0.11

I installed courier imap (finally).  I am NOT able to authenticate against
the VPOPMAIL DOMAIN USER accounts via IMAP (pop works fine).
I compiled vpopmail with mysql option.

I am however able to authenticate through my /etc/passwd account on the imap
server.  I think
there is something wrong with authvchkpw module in courier-imap.

My authdaemonrc file contains:

authmodulelist="authpam authcram authuserdb authvchkpw authldap"

I telnet localhost 143 and get this:

Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
* OK Courier-IMAP ready. Copyright 1998-2000 Double Precision, Inc.  See
COPYING for distribution information.
0 login [EMAIL PROTECTED] 12345
0 NO Login failed.

I also tested logging in with postmaster%test.com. Unsuccesfull.

I also telnet localhost 143 with authentication via /etc/passwd:

* OK Courier-IMAP ready. Copyright 1998-2000 Double Precision, Inc.  See
COPYING for distribution information.
0 login test test
0 OK LOGIN Ok.

Anyone know how I can debug this or have any suggestions ?

thanks !
TD