"Logan Bell" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> ------=_NextPart_000_008C_01BFFBD4.6A064EA0
>
> I'm running vpopmail, and love it. But I've ran into a problem where the =
> passwd for a domain is the same as a login passwd for ssh. But then a =
> user decides to change his login passwd and then forgets his domain =
> passwd. What do you all out there do to try to keep the passwds =
> synonomous?

I think vpopmail's most useful feature is having all mail delivered to a single UID
eliminating the need for individual system accounts.

If you can, maybe you should authenticate against the system /etc/passwd | /etc/shadow
 file.
rebuild vpopmail mail with: ./configure --enable-passwd=y

Sean P. Scanlon
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

"Personally, I think hashes are gods greatest gift to the programmer. I
love them. If I could turn my wife into one, I would. "
                                -seen in 'comp.lang.perl.misc'