Another solution is to write the command to vadduser in a file with the
information from the user and then put a cron command to add the user , blank
the file .  This cron could run every minute.
This a dirty fix.
One problem I've been having is that my signup script can't know if an alias
exists with the name the webuser is trying to add.

Leo.