At 11:47 AM 9/6/00, you wrote:
>Stray tmp files left behind was observed in an older version of
>vpopmail. Details of the change are in the ChangeLog. I know
>we fixed this in a later version, and the problem has not
>come back. Perhaps upgrading would fix your problem.

I'm running version 4.8a that I downloaded from inter7.com not more than a
month ago.  But I'll look for a new version anyway...

I have a nasty tendency to mess up file/group permissions and ownership,
since I'm relatively new to linux.  I didn't see anything in the
instructions about specific requirements, but perhaps that might also have
something to do with my problem.

Steve